Monday, January 18, 2010

KATHLEEN TAKES A FALL!

On, December 23, the opening evening of the Vipassana course that we were conducting in Nairobi, Kenya, Kathleen slipped and fell during a heavy thunderstorm, breaking her wrist. She was taken to a nearby hospital, where she had her wrist set and put in a cast. She was advised that her wrist would need surgery. On the 29th, Kathleen returned to Canada for surgery. Scott returned a week later after completing the Vipassana course. We’re back in Saskatoon! Needless to say, we were disappointed over the disruption to our travel plans, but we know there is a silver lining hidden in this turn of events. We haven’t given up on our plans, and we intend to resume our travels in some form once Kathleen’s wrist has healed. We’ll keep you posted as our plans develop and we're back on our way.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your wrist breaking Kathleen. Hope the surgery went well and you are now mended and soaking up the love of your family in Saskatoon.

    Be Happy, abundant metta to you,
    Sharon Pearl-Yamamoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I hope Kathy's wrist heals soon to resume your beautiful travel.
    Love, Makiko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathleen and Scott,
    My partner and I are enrolled on the Nairobi Vipassana course in December and I was hoping you could tell me a little bit about the course. I can't find any blogs on the internet from people who have done the course in Nairobi. I know the courses can differ massively depending on the location so if you could tell me a little bit about the accommodation and food then I would be very happy! I will be five months pregnant when I start the course and it's making me a little nervous. My email address is staceb3@hotmail.com
    Many thanks,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete